Tenant Information

Absence from Unit

If you and your household members are absent from the unit for more than 120 consecutive days for reasons other than medical, your rent-geared-to-income subsidy may be discontinued.

Adding Someone to Your Lease

Prior to having another person reside in your unit, you must obtain approval.  This person must complete an application and must meet the eligibility criteria established by the DRRSB. If the application is approved, a new lease with the new rent amount will be signed and a new rent will be established if you are an RGI tenant.


The DRRSB does not provide insurance for your belongings.

Tenant Insurance can help you replace belongings lost or damaged by fire, flood or theft, and can pay for damage caused by you or your guest.

If you receive social assistance, Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program may be able to assist you with the cost of your premiums.

Internal Transfers

If you wish to move from one unit to another within your Landlord’s property, you may request an Internal Transfer Application.

A household may ask for a transfer after they have lived in a unit for a minimum of 12 months. Once the application is received, it will determine if the applicant meets the following criteria:

  • household has not received an eviction order within the past 12 months
  • household does not owe arrears or any other money to the DRRSB or other housing provider
  • household has paid rent on time for the past 12 months
  • household has no history of damage to the unit, disturbing neighbours or harassing staff

There is a $250 Transfer Fee which must be paid at the time of acceptance of the transfer offer. The Transfer Fee does not apply where the Landlord requests the transfer.

Internal Transfer Form

Notice to Vacate

You are required to give 60 (sixty) days written notice to your landlord.

Noise and Disturbances

You and your neighbours are entitled to privacy and quiet enjoyment of your homes. Please note that excessive noise and disturbances may lead to action against your tenancy. (Refer to your lease.)

Transfers to Other Housing Providers

Should you wish to transfer to another housing project for which the DRRSB is Service Manager but that is not owned by your Landlord, you will need to complete a new application form.


Complaint Policy (PDF)

Complaint Form (PDF)

Maintenance and Repairs

Please ensure you let us know right away when repairs are needed in your unit. Reporting even small concerns right away allows for repairs to be completed before they become big issues. 

To make a maintenance request, please contact the Asset Management Assistant by calling 274-5349, ext. 228 or 1-800-265-5349, ext. 228.

Regular business hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. If you do not reach the Asset Management Assistant immediately, please leave a message and your request will be put in as soon as possible.  If your request is urgent, dial “0” while on the line and the Receptionist will direct you to someone who can take your request immediately.

If you have a maintenance emergency outside of regular business hours, please call 1-807-624-1296.  Emergencies include:

  • No heat in cold weather
  • Locked out of unit (there will be a charge to open the unit)
  • Toilet not working & have only one toilet in your unit
  • Tenant stranded in a non-working elevator
  • Major water leak that can’t be contained
  • Fire alarm system emergencies
Skip to content